Friday, June 5, 2009

10 Years, One Marriage, Two Kids, One Cat Later...

I weigh more than I should.
So, my cousin, Molly(she is one of the awesome family members I inherited when I married Todd) is the same age as I am and has two adorable kiddos like I do and she has her 10 year class reunion this summer like I do so she gave me this idea. Thanks Molly!! Below you will see a picture from 10 years ago probably close to the day and a picture of me when I was 3 days away from giving birth to my Matthew. Now, I know I will never have the cute, athletic figure of when I was 18, but I can try to weigh close to the weight I was. Right? Right! So, between my two babies, nursing, and working out you think I would have no problem taking off the baby weight? Yeah, right. As a reader of my blog please feel free to ask me how my weight loss is coming and try to keep me accountable for what I eat and ask if I have been working out.
I'm not really doing this for my reunion b/c I don't think I am going to go to it anyway. That is Todd's and my anniversary weekend and we already have plans to go to a Dave Matthews show that weekend. I am doing this b/c I think it would help my esteem, I would be healthier, and I do have a wedding I am in the fall.


Look at how skinny I am! That is what playing soccer everyday did for me.


Here I am a week and a half before my due date!(Matthew was born via c-section 3 days later) All 195lbs. of me. Remember, I did have a 10lb. 11oz. baby in there. FYI, I dropped 25lbs. within the first two weeks. I've lost even more since then and he is now 14 weeks old. Sometime soon I will make Todd take a picture of me and my progress. Size 4 here I come!

6 comments:

D,J&d VanderLugt said...

Oh that's just mean! Our bodies don't work the same way anymore. I'm just going to accept that! Bring on more ice cream!

The Hargrove's Four said...

J, have you seen yourself? Seriously your body is better now than pre beautiful babies. I don't know your secret but please share! And yes, I know you can drink 8 cans of Mountain Dew and finish up the day with ice cream and look great!

D,J&d VanderLugt said...

Maybe the mt dew and ice cream are e secret! I'm definately not a size 4 and never wil be but whatever. I think you look great! Even better than pre babies - because now you have a story that goes along with every bump lump and dimple! xox

katie said...

Our bodies are amazing! Can you believe how big our bellies can get without bursting?! You look awesome, but I know the feeling of never being quite as trim as we once were. We can swim laps together at the pool, deal??

The Stump Clan said...

Yes! I know we can do it- lose weight that is. Uggh, looking at high school pictures of me depresses me. But I would rather be chubby then not have my kids! But lets battle the bulge together!!

The Hargrove's Four said...

Katie, I can't wait to swim laps with you, Molly, and whoever else makes a regular appearance at the pool! I agree, Molly, our kids are worth the "mom" figures we have gotten. Let's reach our goals!!