Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So Far In 2010...

It has been quite the year so far. We ended our last post with our trip over thanksgiving to NYC. I was intending my next post to be about the holidays and how much we enjoyed them with the boys and our family... which we did until a couple of days before New Year. Sue, my mother-in-law went into the hospital from not eating and being really weak. For those of you who didn't know she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in late August and had a whipple surgery done in September. We found out that her cancer had spread and she never left the hospital. A week and two days later my husband lost his mother and my boys lost a grandmother who loved them beyond words. I hope Collin will always remember how much Grandma loved him and that he will always be her little buddy. Matthew will never have any memory of her but we will make sure he knows how much she loved him, too.

Since then we have had our oldest turn 3, I had emergency gallbladder surgery, and our baby turned 1.(I will post pictures with later posts) I wish Sue had been here for all three. I miss her most for my children... she truly was an awesome grandma, but I miss her understanding me when I gripe about things, I miss her sense of humor, I miss the way she listened to me, I miss our talks. My father-in-law told me that I now assume the role as the "woman" of the family, but I'm not ready for that and I wish she were here to be that person for a while longer.

4 comments:

katie said...

Thanks for making me tear up again. Sure do miss her.

The Stump Clan said...

She will be missed for a very long time, for sure!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing feelings from your heart.... And I know that you'll keep Sue's memory alive for your boys. We're all lucky to have you!

Karijn said...

Sorry to hear about Todd's mom.. sounds like 2010 has not been an easy year.

But your kids are cute as .. (fill in the blank!) Nice to see.

Karijn