Thursday, December 27, 2007

"Santa?!? No, Thanks."

We took Collin to meet Santa and he seemed fine when I first carried him up to meet him. He just checked him out and sort of smiled. He has a little Santa that I brought along(he's holding it) to possibly help him recognize Santa but as you will see it didn't really help.
My poor child did not like sitting on Santa's lap by himself. I tried but he started crying immediately after I sat him down.
So, I sat with him. He's still not completely happy but it's better than sitting by himself.


After we got a couple pictures of Collin and I with Santa and before Collin and I got up I told Santa that Collin's Daddy cried when he sat on Santa's lap when he was little, too.(*note: I never did!) So, Santa proceeded to tell Todd to come get in the picture, too. Todd went to kneel down next to Santa and Santa said, "No no, sit on my lap." It was like Santa was paying him back for when he was a child and would cry. Luckily, though, Todd shed no tears and all was well... plus, we got a great pic and story for the three of us to remember.

1 comment:

Aunt Alice said...

I love this family photo - it would have been great for holiday cards!!