Monday, August 31, 2009

Six Months For Matthew

Matthew had his six month check up last week(yes, he is growing TOO fast!) and he is still growing like a weed. He weighed in at 20 lbs.(75%), he was 28inches long(90%) and his head was so big it was off the charts! Not kidding! I forget how large it is but she showed me the curve and he just missed the blue part on the chart. Honestly, though, his head does not look too big for his body. I asked about his weight dropping into the 75% and if I should be worried and the nurse said no. She said he is starting to be more active and the weight is good between 50 and 75th %. I'm also used to Collin who was in the 90-95% for weight until he was 2. I have to remember that Matthew is his own person... and that he is. He doesn't get up three times to eat like Collin did at this age. He isn't hoovering the cereal, veggies, and fruit like Collin did. Matthew maybe eats 1/2 a jar of his fruits and veggies for dinner and Collin was finishing both and drinking a bottle after at this age!(he was a little vacuum) I'm just happy that he is still a thriving, healthy boy.

Maybe by nine months Matthew will be crawling. He can somehow maneuver all over the place but isn't crawling. He can sit up by himself for a little bit but does better being supported. He loves to play and the boy has one heck of a grip! He still smiles at anyone and prefers to be carried in the Bjorn when we are out and about so he can see the world! I swear he does not stop squealing or kicking his legs when we carry him around in that thing!

1 comment:

barb said...

good for matthew - and love the header pic