Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mackinac Island

A couple weekends back we headed north with my parents for a mini-getaway. We stayed in Bellaire, MI at the Hawk's Eye Golf Resourt(really close to Shanty Creek) so that Todd and Dad could get in a couple of rounds of golf at some of the top courses in the state before the golf season ends.(tear) While they golfed Mom, Collin, and I hung out at our condo. It was very relaxing and fun! On the day the men didn't golf we went to Mackinac Island which was about a little over an hour north of us. Here are many pictures of our day... sorry if you were hoping to see some photos with Todd; he was taking the photos all day long! Good job, Babe.

This was on the way up to island... we needed our naps.

Pa-Pa sneaking in a kiss before our boat takes off.

Collin and I enjoying the ride over. We sat right in the middle where I felt comfortable.

The Bridge.

The Grand Hotel in the distance.

The Lighthouse.

We are pulling into dock and there were lots of birds on these rocks. Collin pointed them out to me. Did I mention that he thought the boat ride was the coolest thing?

Pa-Pa and Collin getting a better look at all the fascinating stuff while we were about to dock.

A couple of the many of the horses we saw and their droppings which were just the few of many we saw and smelled!

Bike ride, anyone?

Collin saw this man in the window making fudge. He wasn't a real man but a plump, helping looking guy with a chef hat on making yummy fudge. CJ had to point him out to all of us.

Ok, so here I am throwing up on this t-shirt. The pregnancy has made me really queazy and this shirt didn't help. :)

The park was so pretty and on top of the hill is Fort Mackinac.

"Hello Baby-bumb!"

A view of main street.

Walking, walking, walking. We did lots of that and Grammy made sure we hit EVERY store that we passed. We really didn't buy that much, though, we left the island with a sweatshirt for Collin, fudge, taffy, and popcorn. The essentials.

This is how smart our boy is: we were waiting in line to go on a carriage ride when Collin saw this spout and saw "wa-wa" or to us "water". My kid doesn't miss anything if it has to do with water. It kept him entertained until we boarded the carriage.

So pretty! I forgot the name of this place but if it is really high up and as I'm getting older I don't do heights as well, but my Dad took Collin out to see the view if you look hard enough you can see them.

There they are! It really was beautiful up there.


"Where is Grammy, where is Grammy?"

At this point Grammy had called Collin's name so he was on to where she was!

"There she is!"

Collin thought that was fun. In the backgrounnd was the carriage we rode on. We didn't get any pictures on the ride b/c let's just say that Collin was a bit of a handful and this stop was a huge help! Also, all that wet stuff you see on the cement isn't water. Again, thank you horses.

Ok, just kidding I guess we do have one pic of Todd. He held Collin on the way back to the main land b/c I sat with him on the way to the island. I don't know if you can tell how windy it was on the way back but it was really windy. Collin thought is was great, though, he flared his arms through the air and was screaming with excitement. It was a great day and weekend! Thanks Grammy and Grandpy!

No comments: