Monday, July 7, 2008

Doctor Appointments

My guys had doctor appointments today. Collin went in for his 18th month check up and he is developing great. He gained about two pounds since 15 months... now weighing 29.9 lbs. His head size is the same and he grew a 1/2 an inch. He got his last Hepatitis booster and will not need any more shots when he goes back for his 2 year check up! Yes, finally done!(except for flu shots every year) She told me he can now start using children's Tylenol and Motrin b/c his weight is high enough. All in all I was very happy with the visit!

Todd had to go to the doctor for his finger... silly husband. The good news is the bone chip that is lost in there does not need to be removed surgically b/c it is so small! The bad news is for him to have a chance to get the feeling back in the tip of his finger he will need to have it surgically done. He sliced through two nerves, the only two that run through the tip of your finger. So now we have to decide if that is the route he wants to take. I told him it is completely his decision... I think he should have the 100% say b/c it is his finger. I just want him to be happy with his decision. He has to have the stitches in until next Wed. and the Doc also told him that he doesn't know why they put a splint on his finger b/c he didn't need it. I know Todd has some decisions to make but I'm just glad he still has his finger!!! :)

2 comments:

Aunt Alice said...

What happened to his finger? I hadn't heard anything about this...

barb said...

good on the appointment for collin - he is growing so big - and healthy - and wow on Todd. keep us posted.