Wednesday, March 19, 2008

St. Patty's Day Parade - Holland, MI

We took Collin to the St. Patty's Day Parade in my hometown last Saturday. It wasn't quite the Tulip Time parade... but still fun. We walked around downtown, got coffee, and did a bit of shopping.
Some people say we look like sisters...

Collin did a really good job waving his Irish flag that they handed out. They also gave him some green beads. So cool.

Waiting for the parade to start...

Collin met Ernie and loved him. EVERYONE brought their dogs so Collin loved that he could meet some new animals. Everyone was so nice and would let us come up to pet there dogs.

Here comes the parade!!

Silly Leprechaun!


Minty car

What is a parade in Holland without Dutch Dancers?!?

Read the license plate.
This puppy reminded Todd of his dog growing up, Manda.

Yep, Holland got Zeke the Wonder Dog to perform. For those of you who don't know Zeke is a regular at MSU sporting events! Go State!

Collin and Grammy watching the parade.

2 comments:

barb said...

great posting - i felt like i really was there watching the parade - and LOVE the new header pic.

annemarievanl said...

Hi

I read that you visited the Tulip Time klompendancing.
Did you ever see any dancer loose or break one of his/her klompen? I am from Holland, Europe and I collect everything that has to do with Dutch klompen. I still miss een pic of a dancer losing/breaking a clog

Kind regards

Annemarie