Monday, January 14, 2008

And... He's 1!!

Seems like yesterday that our 10lb. 6oz. butterball was born... listen to anybody who tells you enjoy it when they are small because they grow so fast! He'll always be my baby but he really isn't my baby anymore; he's more my toddler.
As I sit here at 12:19am I feel compelled to dote about my child. He's already been up twice tonight just so you know and he went to bed at 9:00pm. He woke up crying both times which told me that some more teeth are coming. So I gave him some Tylenol and I can only hope for the best for the rest of the night. I wish I could take away his pain but after he laid in bed with us for a while after the Tylenol kicked in I could just tell it helped. He was cooing in his sleep and had a couple of sleepy laughs. Things I cherish because those simple, adorable things are going to be gone sometime... and probably soon.
Anyway, back to doting... Collin is walking and running wherever he can these days. He weighed 24lbs. 9 oz.(80th %) on his first birthday and stood 32 1/2 inches tall(98th %). He is now drinking whole milk(woo-hoo); no more cans of formula! Anyone who has ever bought baby formula understands my joy. He eats anything we put in front of him and prefers to feed himself even though I still like to do it sometimes.
He is trying to say words now. If we say something he will do his best to repeat it to us. He can say "ma" and "bye". He tries to sing with me and he loves to dance. My child was born with rhythm b/c he is always on beat with the music. I like to believe it's because when I was pregnant I would listen to music at work on my iPod and share the tunes with him by putting one of my headphones on my belly.
Collin is a loving kid. He is always happy to see his grandparents and extended family. It makes me so happy to see him light up when someone he loves walks into our house, a room, or if we walk into one of their houses. He is starting to cling to his momma more right now, but it's a phase I think most children go through and he will outgrow it like other things. I have to admit I love it. Who doesn't want to feel needed by their child? Don't get me wrong he clings to Todd, too, but sometimes he just wants his mommy.
I am looking forward to this year and seeing all the developmental and physical changes he will go through b/c as in this past year there will be many. I am curious to see how his interests change and how much more independent he will become. He was born determined so I think that will take him far in every change and obstacle he endures from now until he's old and gray.
I have pictures from both birthday parties we had for him but I'm going to wait to post them until I get my professional pictures back I had taken at one of his parties. So I will post more about the party fun later. Until then...
Happy 1st Birthday, Collin J.!
(We love you so much!)

No comments: