Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Father's Day

Daddy & Collin

Todd probably wouldn't post anything about his first Father's Day so I will. First off, I must say that I one lucky woman and Collin is one lucky little guy to have a such a great man to take care of us and love us! Collin has such a good role model to look up to in his father. I know as Collin gets older the father and son bond is going to be very strong.

I posted the picture above b/c it is one of the first pics taken of Todd and Collin. Collin was still in the NICU and I remember both of us not really knowing what to expect to happen. Todd was the only one who saw Collin in the NICU for a while. I could not visit Collin for the first day b/c of the fever I had post c-section. Todd would take him his clothes so they could change him and hold his little hand to give him love b/c being the wonderful, loving man he is he waited to hold him so I could be the first. He knew how hard it was for me not to be able to see Collin and he sacrificed his own wants for me. That sums up my husband and my son's father the best; he will at anytime do anything for Collin and I. He is the best.

In ending, I just wanted to share with everyone how much it makes my day when Todd walks through the door. Collin just lights up. He is normally always smiling and being happy but there is an extra twinkle in his eye when his Daddy comes home from work. It's the best feeling for me and I know whatever happened in Todd's day seeing Collin makes everything better and worth it!


No comments: