Becoming a mother put Mother's Day into a whole new perspective. I can now truly celebrate my mom. Not that I couldn't before and not that there wasn't a day that I am thankful for her and everything she has taught me, done for me, and for just loving me more than any other being in the world. Now I understand the love between a mother and her child.
When Todd proposed to me and I knew we were going to be together forever I thought there isn't going to be anything better than this; than my love for him. Oh but there was... Collin. I'm sure Todd will agree with me that we are equally in love with our son and nothing will measure up to that. Except our love for our next child...
Thank you to my husband and son for making it possible to celebrate being a mom!!
Monday, May 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
It's wonderful to be appreciated for being a mom........ As the saying goes: "Once you open your heart to one child you open your heart to all children" There is nothing so precious - no matter how old your children get - they always hold the most endearing place in a mother's heart!
ditto - to alice's comment. and as i get older i appreciate not just my own mother and all she added to my life, but the other women in my life who are mothers. they all offer me something - advice, examples, friendship - so kudos to all those women - the new moms, the old moms, the aunts who are LIKE moms and so forth. i know that my own children grew up happier because of the many moms in their lives - thanks to all of them - sue, alice, jude, dyleen, pat, nancy, nan, karen, carol -
Post a Comment